Made to Last
Emporio Stone quartz surfaces are made of up to 93% of quartz powder and particles, added to resin, pigments and other high quality components that make this surface resistant, durable and of elegant design. This material does not require waterproofing.
Due to its low porosity, the surface is easy to clean and resistant to stains of domestic use. In most cases a damp cloth and a mild detergent will be enough to clean daily dirt. Rinse it with warm water and dry it with a soft cloth to finish. To avoid damaging the surface shine, use only non-abrasive cleaners.
Stubborn Stains Cleaning
In case of stubborn stains, different products are recommended according to each type of stain. The most common are:
|Grease, coffee, fruits and cosmetics
||VIM Actifizz multi-purpose spray or Soft Scrub liquid gel with Bleach
||VIM Actifizz multi-purpose spray: Apply the product onto the stain and rub it with the soft side of a sponge until it disappears. Repeat the process if necessary. Rinse with plenty of water and dry with soft cloth.
Soft Scrub liquid gel with Bleach: Apply the gel onto a damp soft cloth and wipe the area. Rinse with plenty of water and dry with soft cloth.
|Limescale (cup marks)
||Vinegar and/or limescale remover diluted with water
||Use cleaning vinegar and a damp sponge. If the stain persists, you can use a limescale remover diluted with water. Never leave it on for more than 2 minutes. Repeat the process if necessary. Rinse with plenty of water and dry with soft cloth.
|Silicone and Putty Stains
||Plastic Putty Knife and Silicone Remover
||This type of stain should be removed as soon as the installation is finished. Use Plastic Putty Knife to remove the excess. Then, use a well-known brand of silicone remover and scrub it with a sponge. Afterwards, rinse with plenty of water and dry with soft cloth.
|Dried Spills (food, gum, nail polish)
||Plastic Putty Knife
||Use Plastic Putty Knife to remove the excess material and then use a damp cloth to remove residual dirt. If the stain remains, follow instructions for "Grease, coffee, fruits and cosmetics". Do not use any abrasive pads.
Response to Impact
Although quartz surface is a hard and resistant material, impact on corners and edges should be avoided due to material fabrication that leave weakened and exposed edges (sharp-pointed corners, non-beveled edges, thin edges, etc.). Also do not place heavy objects that are unsuitable for countertop use on the surface.
Response to Heat
Hot cookware or electric cooking units (frying pans, crock pots or toaster oven) should not be placed directly on the quartz surface. It is recommended to use a trivet (a rubber one, if possible) until it cools down. It is also recommended to use thermal insulation between the quartz surface and the cooktop or oven. These courses of action are to prevent any heat damage.
• This surface is not for outdoor use and should not be installed in places with sun radiation. Also avoid using lamps with UV radiation;
• This surface is not recommended for high traffic areas;
• Do not place hot cookware directly on the surface. Use a trivet to protect it from heat;
• Do not cut directly on the surface with sharp objects. A cutting board is always recommended;
• Do not drag metallic objects on the surface;
• Do not place heavy objects that are unsuitable for countertop use on the surface;
• It is recommended to clean right after having contact to acid food or drink that can discolor the surface, such as: lemonade, grape juice, wine, strawberry, etc.;
• Do not use any scouring pads that may scratch the surface. Use the soft side of a cleaning sponge or a non-scratch sponge such as Scotch-Brite;
• Avoid leaving water on the surface for a long period;
• Do not polish the surface;
• Do not use highly acid or highly alkaline products, nor chemical removers (paint strippers), water-repellents, solvents, sealants, oven-cleaning products, chlorine-based products, hydrofluoric acid, hydrochloric acid, sodium hydroxide, acetone and caustic soda;
• Do not use any cleaning products that have a mineral content or that include microparticles in their composition;
• If any of these products are spilled onto the surface, remove them as quickly as possible and rinse using plenty of water with neutral soap;
• The use of these types of inappropriate products hereby mentioned, as well as the use of chemical products that were not recommended in writing by Emporio Stone may result in the loss of the product warranty.